Julie-Anne Richards M.A. R.C.C. C.C.C.
- Seasoned motivational and keynote speaker; workshop/seminar presenter.
- Experienced registered clinical counselor and psychoeducational consultant working with adults and youth
- Areas of therapeutic specialization include: the use of CBT and mindfulness for the effective treatment of anxiety (childhood, teen and adult), employing a growth-oriented approach to mid-life transition, relationship-building couple's counselling, parent coaching towards positive parenting through challenging periods, career counselling for fulfilment and fit, and overall life "by design" coaching.
- Seasoned CBT practitioner with advanced, and extensive, post-graduate training in CBT for anxiety and depression, received from the internationally renowned Beck Institute for Cognitive Behavior Therapy, in Philadelphia, U.S.A.
- Areas of assessment specialization include: psychoeducational assessment for children and youth as well as career counselling assessment for adults.
- Canadian Certified Counsellor as certified by the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA) and Registered Clinical Counsellor as registered by the British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC)
- M.A. Counselling Psychology, McGill University
- Experienced lecturer for McGill University, Carleton University and Concordia University
- Extensive previous experience in the position of school psychologist/psycho educational consultant in the public school system.